Tuesday 3 January 2012

Art Cinema & Fashion

So last night I decided to order some Art Cinema DVD's to add to my collection I already have. As a Media Student I spent much of my second year at university studying Art cinema and became intrigued by it's strange-ness. I have always loved all things weird and different and would definitely choose it over Hollywood films any day. Well, being the impatient female I am I couldn't wait for a particular famous Bertolucci film I had chosen called Last Tango In Paris starring Marlon Brando and Maria Schneider. Maria plays a young Parisian girl called Jeanne. It was Jeanne's style that got me instantly hooked on this film! So much so that I have made an aim this week to get to my nearest vintage store and try and re-create her look. Jeanne's outfits are most definitely one of my favorite points of this film. I particularly love the first outfit she wears; A beautiful fur white collar coat which I now insist on having. A beautifully designed Fedoro hat with flowers on, which I am going to try and make myself with the plain hat I already have. She also wears a yellow mini dress with a belt around (oh so Parisian).

As this film has inspired a new style for myself I have now ordered a book by former Chanel model Innes De La Fressange called Parisian Chic: A Style Guide. It was realeased in April 2011 so many of you may already have indulged in this read but unfortunately my reads have all been academic for the past two years :(. Anyway, I shall be reviewing upon arrival. 
I have many more films on order and I can't wait to review more outfits, but I doubt any will be better than Jeanne's, I'm in LOVE...LOVE...LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment