Thursday 5 January 2012

Brogues are for everyone...

One of my new fashion loves are Brogues! Not so long ago, in fact this time last year I was scared to wear them, I wasn't sure how to pull them off (they made me feel man-ish) and others were also not sure how to wear them neither. However, the more I feared wearing them the more intrigued I became by them and I wanted to know how to pull the style off. I started checking out different girls styles and saw how many different types of outfits they looked fab with. I realized that Brogues can suit all kinda girls, whether your a tomboy or a real girly girl. 

Now Brogues don't all look the same, there's four types of Brogues - Classic, High Heels, Ankle Boots, and Casual plus they come in many different colours. The flat Brogues can be matched with so many outfits. If you like your girly styles the floral dresses look really nice with a pair of Brogues and really do balance out the masculinity of them. The great thing about Brogues is that, unlike many flats, you can wear them with tights or socks and still look fabulous. I have even been adventurous enough to wear some rolled up jeans with different colored socks on (Navy Brogues with red socks are a good mixture and look). For a more boyish look or if you just feel like being casual then cropped jeans look great and also skinny jeans teamed with a t-shirt and blazer. 
Ankle Boots have been big for some time now but the Brogue styles are by far the best. Team them with skinny jeans and a baggy t-shirt (preferably a gimmick one!) for a very casual but cool look. For girls that love their leggings, the Ankle boots and Heeled Brogues are a good match. Just make sure you wear a dress, top or knitwear long enough to cover your ass, sorry I had to get that in, many females are treating leggings like trousers recently, its not a good look when I can see your ass!

Brogues can match all budgets. If you're lucky you can sometimes grab some vintage Etienne Aigner brogues at vintage stores and when I last looked Oxfams online store had some at a reasonable price and in great condition. If you can't get hold of Vintage brogues and want a varied range of colours and styles most reputable high-street shops and online retailers have a wide range of Brogues. TopShop has a really good and varied range which start from £30.00. My best buy has to be Dune's Metallic Shimmer Brogues which are only available online. Grab them while you can though, as they are on sale and currently reduced from £65.00 to £46.00.



2 comments:

  1. I love brogues! I have a bargain black pair from Primark that I usually wear with dresses and they are so comfortable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same, until I got mine, I didn't know if I could pull them off but they're so comfy :) lovely blog, new follower :)

    http://oh-so-zoe.blogspot.com/ check out mine :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete