Tuesday 3 January 2012

Post Christmas Skin Blues - Spot treatments & low-cost skincare for combination skin.

Did anybody make the major mistake over Christmas and consume too much alcohol and not enough water? I did! However, my excuse is I was in Spain with family who own a bar, so I had alcohol on tap and when bottles of water had run out, the only option was Spanish tap water, which quite frankly is awful and probably not very good for you!
Now, as much as I would love to re-live my teenage antics I really would not like to re-live the skin disasters I had as a youngster. From the age of 12 up until 15 I suffered from teenage spots as many of us do. I actually teared up most of my mums photos of me from that age (Can you believe my mum had a spotty school photo blown up and sent to every family member!). I probably would have suffered from these dreaded spots a lot longer if it wasn't for the advice of a family friend. Now it's always proved shocking to me that this amazing skin care tip is not widely known about, and reader if you have tried this please let me know. The secret is ......YEAST! Yes, yeast used for making bread, but in tablet form. I was originally told to buy fresh yeast and wash my face with it but I didn't quite fancy that idea so my dear mother went along to the local health store and found me some tablets to take. They are miracle pills for people suffering from spots, and I have purchased a new bottle because I have gained many pimples over the Christmas season. They are natural and good for you and I highly recommend them. Over the years I've advised many people to use them but most have not taken me seriously, if only they did! However, a very vain male friend of mine did take my advice as he was suffering from spots quite bad and he couldn't believe that in weeks his spots had cleared up. You can get yeast tablets from most Health stores but the ones I mostly used were from Holland & Barrett, called Brewers Yeast. If you visit the website you can grab yourself a 500mg bottle for £6.45. I know the awful feeling of being young and suffering from spots so please pass this information on to anyone you know suffering.

If you're like me and suffer from combination skin you might have problems finding a moisturizer to suit your skin. I have tried so many different moisturizers over the years and most (even the expensive brands) would make my skin blotch or itch. My face is so sensitive! But even sensitive moisturizers would irritate me, even Simple! I often get people compliment me on my skin and ask what moisturizer I use. Usually they are spending £15-£30 on a tub of moisturizer and it isn't working. People are shocked when I tell them I use Clean & Clear daily moisturizer. People relate Clean & Clear along with Clearasil to spotty teens. But it really is fab! It makes my skin feel lovely and fresh and it lets me apply my make up smoothly, unlike some moisturizers that make it hard for me to apply my foundation smoothly. It's mega cheap and works well! And hey, wouldn;t you rather use a teenagers cream than one aimed at older people, surely feeling young is an added boost of confidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment