Wednesday 11 January 2012

How to party.... In Pyjamas!

Apologies for my absence from blogging this last week, I have been one Bizzy Lizzy at university tying up my years assignments. But when I have had a spare coffee break I have been reading up on the years trends and taking a keen interest into Spring 2012's most  popular evening trend, The Pyjama Party. Think slouch, silk and prints this season and you'll be well on your way to achieving the Pyjama look. The key is to keep everything loosely fitted and to experiment with colour and pattern. White is big this season but so are pastels so don't be afraid to get adventurous.

H&M have a great range of blazers this season, with their striped blazer at only £24.99 or if you want a silky blazer they still have a pink number on sale at £9.99. Just keep your blazers undone as you don't want to go for the fitted look, it will kill the whole pyjama style you are aiming for.

ASOS have a nice range of blouses including a stripy blouse at £30.00 although I do really like their boyfriend blouse in neon orange priced at £28.00.

American Apparel have a fantastic range of slouchy trousers in various colours. They really do offer the best range at the moment however my second choice would be with Topshop. At American Apparel opt for the 'party pant' and you can be bang on the spring trend by choosing the pants in coral or cream.

As important as it is to get the look right (as with all trends) this trend also needs to be relaxed and appear effortless. Keep accessories to a minimum and pair up with a leather satchel or if you've got extra pennies then a Mulberry Alexa would look perfect with this look.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'd want to leave the house in these pieces ;)

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete